Table of Contents
(If you don’t have a lot of time, try a random story.)
- Gaia’s Strange Seedlike Brood (Homage to Lynn Margulis) — art by Patrick Farley
- Introduction by Sumana Harihareswara
- Pirate vs. Alien — art by Erin Ptah
- Welcome to the Federation — story by Mark Onspaugh
- Jump Space — story by Mary Anne Mohanraj
- The Last Christmas of Mrs. Claus — story by Alex Wilson
- Times Square — art by David Kelmer
- Qubit Slip — story by William Highsmith
- Daisy — story by Andrew Willett
- The Ambassador’s Staff — story by Sherry D. Ramsey
- Bio Break — art by Brittany Hague
- Goldenseed — story by Therese Arkenberg
- Single-Bit Error — story by Ken Liu
- Friar Garden, Mister Samuel, and the Jilly Jally Butter Mints — story by Carole Lanham
- Robot v. Ninjas — art by Marc Scheff
- Appendix A: How to Do This and Why by Leonard Richardson
- Appendix B: Sample Contract
Thoughtcrime Experiments is a free 2009 anthology of fantasy and science fiction stories and art, published under a Creative Commons license.
The anthology is available online as HTML (above), as a downloadable PDF, or as a print-on-demand physical book for $5.09. It's also available in mobile editions:
- A hand-crafted ePub edition by Marshall T. Vandergrift.
- ePub, Kindle/Mobipocket, Microsoft Reader, and Sony Reader editions by Arachne Jericho.
- Many, many formats at manybooks.net.
- An audio recording of "Daisy" read by Ian McMillan.
Here's a zip file containing high-resolution versions of all the art used in the anthology. Here’s the original OpenOffice Write file used to generate the PDF and the print-on-demand book. Here’s a zip file containing this website.
If you do something cool with this raw material, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. Keep circulating the tapes!